Are you a supervisor or manager thinking about whether it’s worth delving more into why you should provide employee benefits to your workers? Not just individual benefits for each worker, but the overall program’s conception, administration, and communication are key to a successful benefits package or group health plan.

Employee benefit plans are a part of the majority of businesses’ basic employee welfare programs. Thus, they strive to meet the basic needs of the employees.

Benefits for Employees

For both companies and employees, there are numerous obvious benefits to acquiring group health insurance. Here are a couple of examples.

Low Premium

Group health insurance has lower premiums and a lower expense of obtaining coverage, and it provides the same level of protection as a more expensive personal insurance policy. We all know that an insurance premium is heavily influenced by an uninsured person’s risk profile.

Premiums would be higher if the risk profile was higher. However, the level of risk is certainly reduced since the risk is equally spread among the group health insurance group, allowing everyone to be insured at a far lower cost than having personal insurance.

Cheaper Add-On

Other benefits of health insurance are cheaper to include other features to the policy coverage. For example, dental, mental, and optical care insurance can be purchased individually at a far lower cost than personal insurance.

Pre-Existing Conditions

When an employee registers for group health insurance, the best part about it is getting coverage and making claims even if he has pre-existing conditions or is experiencing an existing illness. Some insurance companies would decline applications from people showing signs of disease, contrary to getting a personal health insurance policy coverage.

There is usually a 12-24 month gap in personal insurance claims or applications. Moreover, no claims can be filed based on pre-existing conditions, which is not the case with group health insurance. Click this link to learn more about group insurance.

Tax Benefits

Employer-paid premiums are not included in the calculation of taxable pay. However, if a person uses their own money to buy a personal health insurance policy, this is usually considered a taxable payment.

The major benefit of group health insurance for employees is that all premiums paid are fully tax-deductible and are included in the worker’s pay. The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) lets a person stay covered for 18 months after being laid off. An ex-employee only needs to pay 35% of the premium, with the government covering the remaining 65%.

Personal health insurance is far inferior to group health insurance. Therefore, it is crucial that every organization joins this protection plan and gives enough coverage for all of their workers in case of disease or accident. In addition, it would help in the development of a much better and more comfortable workplace. Employees are aware of the benefits of this type of policy coverage and would feel more at ease working in such conditions. You can contact us for more information.

Conclusion

There’s no reason why an employee must not invest extra funds to provide this type of benefit to their workers. It can be a liberating feeling to have the extra assurance and comfort of knowing that the employer is looking out for the best interests of his workers. It’s a financial investment that will pay off well for both the employee and the employer. If you own a company, investing in group policy insurance for your employees could be the greatest thing you can do for them.

Get more stuff

Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.

Thank you for subscribing.

Something went wrong.